How can I reduce my electricity bill / usages ?
- use energy efficient appliances eg CFL bulbs, start with the bigger appliance first they consume more
- If you use heaters/ air-conditioning unit , check on the insulation. Make them better and air tight. If needed put a double glass on the window. The cost of these improvements is far less than the energy you will have to make up for the heat/cold loss. If you use fans, make sure that there is plenty of places for air flow and try to make double ventilations.
- Switch lights/ TV/ Computer monitor on only when needed - switch them off when there is no one in the room or you are not using it.
- Heat water only when needed. Heaters are one of the biggest contributor to
- Use water from ground tank instead of using the water that has been pumped up to the roof tank.